Te Kotahitanga o Te Atiawa and PKW Trust and are excited to offer the joint Te Atiawa Iwi/PKW Undergraduate Scholarship.
The scholarship is initially designed to support Te Atiawa uri who are studying in the field of Environmental Planning and/or Resource Management. There is one scholarship available this year to the value of $2,500.
The scholarship is designed to recognise outstanding up-and-coming talent and to encourage uri to keep pursuing their goals. This scholarship will be open to all applicants who whakapapa to Te Atiawa Iwi and evidence their involvement in Te Atiawa and community kaupapa. It is anticipated that students will use the scholarship for their student fees, although we also recognise that students have many additional costs during their study.
For more information about this Scholarship and to apply please visit the online grants portal: https://taranakischolarships.communityforce.com/Login.aspx
You will need to create a profile to log in.
Please note: If you receive a Te Kotahitanga o Te Atiawa grant you are ineligible for the joint Te Atiawa/PKW Iwi Undergraduate Scholarship. Te Kotahitanga o Te Atiawa grants open 3 February.
You may apply for as many PKW Scholarships as you wish as long as you meet the criteria. Although, you will only be eligible to receive one scholarship or grant per year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
• Whakapapa to Te Atiawa
• Not have completed a Postgraduate qualification
• Be a registered member of Te Kotahitanga o Te Atiawa
• Be endorsed by a living PKW shareholder
• Be enrolled in a recognised institution
• Be enrolled as an undergraduate student
• The course of study should align with the business needs of PKW and Te Kotahitanga o Te Atiawa