Ka Uruora is a programme of services established by Te Kotahitanga o Te Atiawa and Te Kāhui o Taranaki to support whānau to improve their financial wellbeing and achieve financial independence. The programme includes:
- A tailored savings programme delivered in partnership with Smartshares
- A housing programme delivered in partnership with iwi / hapu to offer up to 25 homes to whānau under a shared ownership programme.
Ka Uruora and Smartshares are seeking a Whānau Engagement Manager to build awareness of the savings and housing programmes and boost whānau engagement and participation. Based locally in Taranaki, a key function of this role will be to identify and develop relationships with whānau members, supporting them to participate in these programmes.
This a contract for services role for an initial 12 month period, with the potential to extend into further opportunities as the programmes grow. We are looking for an independent contractor who will be responsible for delivering outcomes for both the savings and housing programmes and can bring the following skills and experience:
- A self-starter who is highly motivated and manages their time well
- Has wide-spread, positive relationships within Taranaki and Te Atiawa iwi
- Confident in Taranaki reo me ōna tikanga
- Experienced in creating and delivering initiatives, including hui/events and social media
- Clear and engaging style of facilitating and presenting
- Knowledgeable about financial planning, and skilled at explaining financial information in a clear, well informed way to whānau
- Confident in preparing written information, including presentations and reports, to keep stakeholders informed.
This is a great opportunity to help whānau, and build momentum for these programmes that can improve financial wellbeing for whānau for generations to come.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, we’d love to hear from you. He patai? To see the position descriptions or further details, please email Penina at email@example.com for more information. Be quick, applications close at 10am on 10th November!